The court does not release Afgan Mukhtarly
2017 October 04 ( Wednesday ) 17:37:36
Baku / 04.10.17 / Turan: Nasimi District Court rejected the defense's motion to release journalist Afgan Mukhtarly for house arrest. The laywer Zibeida Sadigova told that Mukhtarly repeated at the trial that he was not guilty. "I have been under arrest for five months. However, there have been only three investigative measures so far, "the journalist said.
According to the lawyer, the journalist still has health problems, and he is still not provided with quality medical care. In addition, restrictions are imposed on telephone conversations of a journalist. He is allowed to call only his wife. The lawyer said that an appeal will be filed against the court's decision.
* Mukhtarli was abducted on May 29 in Tbilisi and brought to Azerbaijan, where he was charged under three articles of the Criminal Code: 315 (resistance to a representative of the authority with the use of force), 318.1 (illegal border crossing) and 206.1 (smuggling). Afgan Mukhtarly denies the charges, saying at the trial that his arrest is a political order. -03B-